Saturday 23 April 2011

Back to the grind!

So, my luck changed a little and I finally got a job and I couldn't be more pleased with it! It's in a wee cafe in Clydebank called Colpi. I'm the "barista" and everyone is so amazed (their words) at how good I can make coffee. I didn't think it was that hard..... 
The owner Martin is a bit of an odd ball but hes really very nice! The whole staff who work there are all really friendly and I'm really enjoying it. It's not just because I have a job and I'm feeling more secure but I genuinely enjoy being a barista and making coffee! Even though I've only been there a week it feels like I've been there for ages which I reckon is always a good thing.

I bought a dress for my Dads wedding earlier on. It wasnt the original one I wanted from Coast as I realised I couldn't justify £90 for a dress I'll probably only wear once! So I chose this one

It's from Red Herring at Debenhams and it's very summery, not too dressy but not too casual either and very much my style! As it's Easter weekend this beauty was on sale from £45 down to £36 and it had pretty much sold out except from my size. I took that as a sign to get it.

Last weekend the weather was so nice that me and my other half went a trip to the beach! It was lovely and warm and I got a little bit of sun on my shoulders. 




Hopefully if it stays nice over the next couple of weeks we are going to take a picnic down to the beach and hang out all day! I love living close to the coast. 

As I'm off to Spain for a week at the end of May and can't afford to buy many items of clothing I was wondering if you lovely people could share with me a pattern to make a very simple elasticated bandeau dress? Even although my mum is a glorified dressmaker, has owned her own fabric store and has even made wedding dresses, she refuses to help me. It saddens me slightly because she would be awesome to show me!
Anyway, anything you can offer, throw it my way! 


Right now, The Prince of Persia has my attention and a cup of tea is calling my name so I'm calling it a night.

Until next time bloggerinos!

4 lovers:

Unknown said...

Aaaah I'm so glad you finally got your dress :) Its gorgeous! Can't wait to see pics of you wearing it, you deserve a lovely wee break in the sun and bet your dads wedding will be gorgeous. Congrats again on the job missus, glad you are settling in well! :) I bet they love ya! I remember when you used to bring me starbucks to my door many moons ago... haha those were the days :p xx

Chloe said...

Loving the dress for your dad's wedding- beautiful. Will we get to see pictures of you in it?!

And major congratulations on your job. It's such a great feeling to achieve something and work is one of those things- it's a great feeling to get it sorted.

With patterns- carboots/charity shops for 70's patterns- they're often simpler than modern ones and you get some cracking shapes and styles. My grandmother trained with Burberry and worked as a seamstress all her life, but wouldn't teach me either, despite me being interested. But she did give me a box full of patterns from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Otherwise, maybe have a shuffle through local fabric shops to see what patterns you can find and perhaps alter?

Good Luck

The Cat Hag said...

Congrats on the job!!

I hope everything is going well for you as a barista.

And that floral dress you bought is absolutely lovely. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

Makeup and Mutts said...

I love your sunglasses! :) Cute blog hun