Sunday 20 February 2011

So this week began with Valentines Day. Much like other people, I'm not too fussed about Valentines but it is nice. Being unemployed I didn't have much money to get my beau anything so I spent £5 on this photo cube that rotates. I ordered it like a week ago and it is still to arrive, not happy! I also made him love heart shaped brownies which he proceeded to munch, I manged to get a photo of the last one before he demolished them: 
His Card.

I love getting flowers.

He got me flowers and a little teddy type thing. He also took me out for lunch. Nowhere fancy, Frankie and Bennys to make the most of their 3 course £8.99 deal. We sure know how to live large eh? It was super nice and the only downer was the weather! We had planned to go see a movie but the cinema was packed and almost every movie was sold out so we abandoned that idea and headed home. Had a nice wee chilled night watching TV. We are both addicted to the new Sky Atlantic tv channel. How sad, eh? There are some awesome new shows on and some old favourites like the XFiles. I was so happy to see they were starting it from the start and when I tuned in one day it happened to be the first episode I had eve seen when I was younger.

The rest of the week didn't consist of much. The other day I decided I would go for a walk and get some Snapple. (If you've never had/heard of Snapple - google it! Readily available in the States but not so much over here) The place that sells it is a wee cafe the next town over, which happens to be exactly 3 miles from my house. Google maps has it's uses. So off I toddled, it took me an hour to get there, I got stuck in a dead end where the ferry is and had to double back, it was raining but I finally got my Snapple. It was totally worth it. On the way back I tweaked my leg and was almost crawling back. That night and the next day I could barely move without it hurting. My mum said I might have pulled something, I put it down to be completely unfit to the point my "muscles" were punishing me for making them work. 

Yesterday I got to see my besto and go shopping to get her a dress for her dads wedding. Saturday + Glasgow + shopping = NIGHTMARE. So many rude people pushing past and too many bratty children for my liking. After a trip to Topshop, debenhams and then back to Topshop we had a winner. Picked by me because I'm just awesome, ha! I think when someone in stressing to get a dress they are too busy panicking to actually looking around, that's what buds are for :). Some new heels and accessories later we were off to MAC for me to spoil myself as I had a mysterious payment from my old job at Amazon of £150. It must have been overdue wages or something but I wasn't complaining. 
I got the following:
Everybody needs a pencil sharpner

Pinch O' Peach

Blacktrack
I yet to try my two products out mainly because my skin is playing havoc with me just now. I mentioned in a previous post about having Eczema. I don't have it very severe any more but it still shows its head regularly and when it does, it does it painfully! Over the years I have used 80% of all steroid creams (these actually damage your skin) and all the available moisturisers which have zero ingredients. I not the person you can go out and try a new nice smelling moisturisers nor can I use regular soap. I get both of those items prescribed which is a little annoying. I can only use one type of Shampoo and Conditioner - Herbal Essences. I can also only use one brand of make-up. MAC. 
You will more than likley only ever see me buy MAC products and that's because I've tried every other affordable brand out there and they just cause me pain! I'm starting to think the Sephora compact Ayden gave to me is the cause of my irritated eyes and skin. Hmmph.

This week I'm having a day to the movies with my beau tomorrow and applying for more jobs. Fun! I'm also hoping to catch my friend Rhyan before be moves down to Wales. 

L x

2 lovers:

dominique said...

leah, heart shaped brownies are the way forward, thats what i made for valentines day too! :)

MONZIE AKA EUQINOM7 said...

Hi my name is Monzie,...i really like your blog please feel free to check out my blog

http://euqinom7.blogspot.com/
XOXO