Thursday 6 January 2011

So today I had a job interview for a job I didn't really want. Safe to say I bigged myself up as much as possible but still didn't get it. It was a recruitment day where they have different stages and if you don't pass a stage you're effectively "voted out". I was voted out at the 2nd to last stage and I wasn't overly fussed. To make myself feel better however, I wandered back into town and picked up some basics from H&M, your typical fabric skirt and a black snood. I have been trying to find one for ages and being unemployed, I didn't have a big budget. So the one I picked up in H&M was a bargain at 6.99. HOLLA!
Off to Boots I went and got some more goodies. I got this little Maybelline compact of 4 eyeshadows and usually, I rely on MAC but just now I can't justify the £9 for one wee palette! 

I love how it pretty much gives you instructions on how to put it on which is awesome for someone like me who has no clue! 
I also got some Barry M Nail polish, one in Mint Green and the other was the new Nail Effects one which I've been after since it came out. Whilst enjoying my tea I had a wee shot on one had to see how it was
I kind of messed up a little but it's looking good. Only one thing I would say is you have to get the full nail covered first time otherwise by the time you dip it back in the pot, it's already started to dry and crack. Also, if you catch it, it wipes off the colour you have underneath! Poor show!

Other than that, my day was rather uneventful. Saw an old friend and her rock star boyfriend, got offered an awesome deal for pampering but had to turn it down, got an email address for a potential job and my sister offered me a night in The Glasshouse Hotel in Edinburgh because she can't go and it's non-refundable.

Despite my lack of job, today has been good. 

Ciao!

3 lovers:

♥Music Fashion Clutter ♥ said...

Welcome to Blogger :)

Love that Barry M nail varnish effect and must get my hands on it!!

Hope you get a wee job soon xx

Helen said...

Woo the glasshouse in Edinburgh! We looked at staying there when we went in October but was just out of our budget. It looks really nice, enjoy it!

Leah said...

Aw thank you both so much! :) x