Thursday 20 January 2011

I have been 100% lagging on the blogging front. I would love to say it's because I've been super busy - it's not. I'm just lazy, plain and simple! To be honest this week I've been feeling a little down. I'm totally past the "freaking out" part of not having a job and I'm now onto "WHY WON'T YOU REPLY TO MY APPLICATION" part. The most annoying part of job hunting is not formulating and impressive but concise CV, it's not phrasing that cover letter to make you sound amazing, it's knowing that most employers do not give a fuck! It's definitely grating on my nerves and getting me down, so down it's got to the point where I've not showered in 3 days. I feel a little disgusting posting this on the internet for all the world to see but hey this is my blog right? If you are following me be prepared to hear all about my bad habits and embarrassing moments.

Also this week I've been to the cinema to see two of the most insprirng movies. First was 127 Hours where James Franco plays Aron Ralston, a climber who cuts off his own arm to make sure he survives. Second was The Way Back with Collin Farrell and Ed Harris set in the 1940's about men who escaped from a Gulag prison camp in Siberia and walked 4000 miles through countryside, desert and the Himalayas to get to India to start fresh. These movies are incredible, they make me want to be like that. To have such determination in what you what that you'd go to such lengths as cutting off your own arm with a blunt knife or walking for days without water. I suppose I've never been put in such a situation to have to feel like that. I'm not trapped by a boulder and I'm not in a prison camp in the middle of baron land with temperatures which average out to -5C. Anyway, enough of my ramblings but definatley have a swatch at these movies!

Tomorrow is my night at The Glasshouse in Edinburgh. I'm excited to say the least but I feel bad that my sister spent £112 on the room and can't go but doesn't want any sort of money or compensation back for it! Kind of an expensive, random time of the year present! I will most definitely make it up to her once I have a job. I'm thinking something Spa related? Could be a sister thing. Get my other sister involved. Although in saying that my other sister is in the RAF and isn't exactly your 'girly' type of girl. Who knows, she could be swayed!
Back to point, Edinburgh should be fun. Marc (my boyfriend) are going to the Hard Rock Cafe as we don't really know anywhere else in the 'burgh to eat nor do very many of our friends. Neither of us have been to the HRC in the burgh anyway. On Saturday our plans are to maybe head to the Celtic Vs Aberdeen football game. When I first go together with my beau in late 2008 he always said he would get me to a Celtic game I often said that I wouldn't be caught dead at a football game. Look how times change! He likes to do most things I do but football is just the one thing I just can't get into (along with the majority of girls) so I thought I'd be nice and make his dream come true!
The only thing I dislike about this plan is it means I'm missing my besto Ayden getting her first sitting of her tattoo (there better be two or else you're dead ;) ) I'm a tattoo buff and would LOVE to one day be covered in tattoos. Right now though thats the last thing I can afford so I really wanted to go with Ayden to stop her from almost fainting and also smelling the ink smell and gun sound......ahhh memories.
I shall take this time to show off my best and favourite tattoo.
It's on my ribs so it's hard to show off so I take most opportunities I get, haha!

Well, bloggers it's been fun but I must go and get my things ready for my weekend of fun. I have to make too many decisions of what to wear......

8 lovers:

Anonymous said...

eek, i really didn't like 127 hours, but then i'm not really a fan of how danny boyle makes his films so that's probs why! james franco was incredible in it though, wasn't he? i actually talked about it in my latest post haha
hope you enjoy your time in edinburgh! love the tattoo btw, the colours are gorgeous. cannot wait to get my next one either! x

KylieDee said...

I am so insanely jealous of your tattoo! I keep thinking of having one done over the ribs, but i am taking forever to decide what to have done!

xx

Chloe said...

Your tattoo is really quite something. I'm not often that fond of them, but I'm finding yours really pretty.

Emily said...

Job applications can be such a nightmare can't they, and you can end up feeling so hopeless because most places just don't reply. Hope you get some better luck soon xxx

Unknown said...

Aww dude youre gonna find something soon, got my fingers and toes crossed for you ♥ you defo deserved a lovely night away! i hope you took pics, I want to see this lush room yous had ;) I still cant get over the tattoo on your side. you are made of steel! haha I almost died today! :( xx

Unknown said...

That tattoo is awesome! :D
But what happens when you (no offence) but get older and stuff won't it go like..wrinkly? Haha sorry, I mean, it in a non offensive way.. :/

welcometomyfloordrobe.blogspot.com

Leah said...

Aw thank you all! :)

Well Hannah, when I'm older and it's all wrinkly and stuff I just think back on my life and know I lived it! We only get one so why not make the most of it! Who cares what we look like when were 70 odd! :) x

Unknown said...

hahah touchee ;)
Yep totally get your point. Apparently I am going to be paid some dosh if i don't get a tattoo before i'm 30 or somethingg..?! Liking the sound of that :P but there is always when I'm 31, I suppose.